Khallikote University at Berhampur (KUB) was established as the first cluster University in the state of Odisha on 30th May 2015 under Rashtriya Uchhatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) in exercise of powers conferred by subsections (1) and (2) of the Odisha University Act, 1989 (Odisha Act 5, 1989). With an aim to impart quality education in several interdisciplinary professional courses the University will fulfill long cherished dream of the people of southern Odisha. The University has five constituent colleges:
- Khallikote (Autonomous) College, Berhampur,
- Sashi Bhusan Rath Government Women’s College, Berhampur
- Government Science College, Chhatrapur
- Binayak Acharya College, Berhampur
- Gopalpur College, Gopalpur
Vision of the University:
Khallikote University aspires to be one of most dynamic, vibrant and research intensive university of Odisha, responsive to the changing global trends, providing unparallel educational opportunities for the students hailing from lower socio-economic strata of society seeking quality education in the emerging areas of the professional and IT savvy world.
Mission of the University:
The University strives to work hard as a team with a sense of commitment towards the educational, cultural, economic, environmental, health and social advancement of the state of Odisha in general and southern Odisha in particular:
- The University is devoted to provide quality education.
- To meet the challenges of the knowledge era and keep pace with the knowledge explosion in higher education, the University is committed to inculcate and sustain quality in all the dimensions of higher education viz. teaching, learning, research, extension and governance while catering to the regional needs, national aspirations and global competitiveness.